Inside Beauty

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Spring has REALLY sprung!

It's official, my obsession with body butters has lasted way past the winter blues. I was itching to try something new the other day, and decided to dig into my closet and see what I could find. I found Victoria's Secret body butter in Love Spell. I opened up the jar and couldn't hide my disappointment. It looked a little dried out, I wondered if I had kept it too long. Total sadness. Then, I dug my finger in. This stuff was so creamy, and unlike any other body butter that I tried. The consistency was a little like icing and that made my jump for joy on the inside. I applied it and fell in love. I also love that it served as a double duty product. The scent wasn't over powering (even though I applied it to my whole body) and it lasted a good portion of the day without reapplying. Total joy. And what's better? They are on sale now here: Body Butter.

While I'm thinking about it, I must write about what's supposed to be the "Holy Grail" of all mascaras. Dior Show. Yeah, I tried it, I couldn't resist. I am proud of myself though because I didn't buy it. Twenty dollars for a mascara? Please. Especially considering I'm a three months and toss type of girl. I got it as a gift. I'm glad I didn't spend my hard earned money on it. Don't get me wrong, it's GOOD, but six times the price of my normal mascara (I buy Maybelline when it's buy one get one free. Don't judge! I'm all about beauty on a budget.) I.don't.think.so. I guess it doesn't hurt that I already have long lashes (thank you, dad), so I don't really need help there that a drug store mascara won't provide. It's also a dry mascara and I don't think the tube is going to last me two months, let alone the three that I'm used to! The good thing about it is that it doesn't get all over the eyeshadow that I've already applied. I also think I'm partial to wet mascaras. Next on my list of mascaras to sucker someone in to buying for me: Benefit BadGal Mascara. You can pick up the diorshow here: Sephora.

And just a little bit of news that brightened up my day?! Sephora just hit the mall nearest to me! My MAC counter at Nordstroms, The L'Occitane B & M (have you TRIED their hand cream? Another item for my, please someone buy it for me list) store, and now Sephora?! What more could a beauty junkie ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home