Inside Beauty

Saturday, December 09, 2006

My skin..oh my..

My skin is really terrible and I really don't know what to do about it. Sure, I could cry and scream (etc. etc.) but I'd much rather be proactive. I need to really do some research about what is good for you skin and what is not. Here's a breakdown of what I am currently doing/using and why:

Aveeno Calming Daily Foaming Cleanser: I really like Aveeno products, but the bar was drying me out. I have to change to a different cleanser every winter without fail. This time, I opted for this cleanser. I was really happy becuase for the first time, I found a cleanser that didn't contain a whole mess of "acne fighting" ingredients, or anti- aging stuff, everyone doesn't need that! I used Cetaphil last winter but really don't like the film it left on my skin.

Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner: I thought they had discontinued this toner, but alas, they had just changed to bottle! I was so excited to find it in the store because EVERY OTHER TONER contained alcohol! I've read that you want a toner sans alcohol because it dries the skin! This makes sense to me! I just re-added this to my regimine because it is supposed to remove everything my cleanser leaves behind.

Olay Express Daily Facials: I just use these to wash off my makeup at night before I use my cleanser. The Aveeno Foam is just no good at taking makeup off!

Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunblock: I have to use sunblock every day. I'm now a fanatic about it! I have to protect my face from free radicals and start preventing wrinkles. I'm 21 and already thinking about wrinkles. Next thing you know, I'll be in the market for a good eye cream!

Oil of Olay Lotion: Yes, I have to use my lotion and sunblock separately. Surely you will remember my sunblock allergey mentioned a few months ago and the reaction I get. Enough said!

Origins Swept Away Gentle Scrub: I love it! I just got it today but it contains jojoba beads and other good for you stuff! I originally went to the store for the never a dull moment scrub but it seemed too grainy like it would damage my skin. This scrub is so smooth and perfect! I'll use this once a week (maybe twice).

Mary Kay Clarifying Mask: I'm just starting to use this again so the jury's still out on it. I think I will only use it when I am having breakouts. Once a week after my Scrub.

Aspirin Mask: I love it! Who knew?! I was doing this every other day, and I loved it, but I just can't keep up with that kind of schedule! My goal is once or twice a week depending on if I'm using the clay mask or not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home