Inside Beauty

Friday, November 24, 2006

Where exactly is Lincoln Park?

When it comes to a new trend I am like a rabid dog. It seems like I take hold of it and refuse to let it go...until I get it PERFECT that is! OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark is *the* perfect dark nail polish for this season. I love it, I love it! It only took me a month to hunt down a store that actually SOLD it, but now that I've got it, I don't want to let it go. It's all I can do not to RUN back to the store and pick up another bottle, JUST IN CASE something happens to the mine! I have two kidney's JUST IN CASE, right? So, why shouldn't I have two bottles of my new favorite nail polish?! It would be cheaper than getting the much covetted Chanel Vamp, even at retail price! We won't even talk about the ridiculous ebay price, I shutter to think of paying THAT much for some nail polish. A kidney, maybe I'd spring for, but nail polish that HAS to be done at least every week, I'll pass!

For some reason, it seems like winter trends are really speaking to me at the moment! I actually went Black Friday shopping (oh yes, I got up at 4 and scraped the ice off my car to shop) and found quite a few things that I liked. I got everything from hair products, to shoes, to jewelry and I love everything that I bought! It feels good to not just purchase an item because it's on sale and I could use it. I actually like this stuff and can't wait to use it! I was putting outfits together in my head the whole time I was shopping and when my imagination failed me, I just picked whatever the sales person was wearing! There were a ton of ladies that were dead on today and I thank each and every one of them!

Now, off to shower with my Bath and Body Works Skin Renewal Body Wash with Natural Exfoliators (yes, that is the name) in Warm Vanilla Sugar. This scent just screams winter to me and I couldn't have picked a better body wash. It comes with the exfoliant already in it (I'm sure you could tell by the name) and I'm in love. I really have to be up on my exfoliation game in the winter or dry scaly skin will meet me in the morning! This body wash eliminates a step and gets me closer to my beloved body butters! One less thing to forget.

Before I go, I'll leave you with five things I want to perfect BEFORE New Year's! ( I never keep my New Year's Resolutions!):

1.) Paying another woman a compliment. It makes me feel good when perfect strangers say something nice to/about me, especially when I'm having a particularly rough day. It's time for me to pass on the feeling! A few kind words can do wonders for someone's spirit, yours included.

2.) These eyebrows. They are a recent obsession of mine. I just love the look of great brows on a barely made up face. They are the perfect accessory, EVERY TIME! Mine usually look good for a few days after a wax (a week tops), but I purchased an eyebrow shaver and WILL maintain this halfway decent shape!

3.) Returning phone calls. I am forever telling someone that I will call them later, and later usually never comes, or it comes in two weeks. I've got to stop that! I need to keep up with my old friends, especially the ones that I've had since childhood. I want to know what they are up to and facebook/myspace don't cut it. There isn't enough personal communication in the world!

4.) Sending cards/Handwritten Notes. We are all becoming technology obsessed. Sending an e-mail or an e-card is so impersonal. I know that I love to get mail, so I want to pass that feeling on! It may be 37 cents out of my beauty/me budget, but I think it's 37 cents well worth it!

5.) Blogging. I don't think an explanation is needed here!

Ciao Bellas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home